Millstar Construction Ltd is a socially and environmentally responsible business
We are a small sized property and construction services company providing the essential facilities for the community such as, housing associations , local councils, places of learning, industrial buildings and leisure facilities.
Our activities have an impact on the environment, our people, the communities in which we operate, our customers and supply chain, the people who occupy our buildings and broader society.
We are accountable for ensuring we minimise that impact by approaching our business aims responsibly and by responding to the different concerns and demands of the market, while remaining profitable and competitive. This means conducting our activities according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards.
We are committed to our employees. We recognise the need to be able to attract, recruit and retain employees with the potential, skills and experience necessary for the continued growth and development of our business.
The commitments to our employees are embodied within the following:
- Health, safety and wellbeing – health and safety is a key priority for our business. We are committed to maintaining and continuously improving standards of occupational health and safety for all our employees, subcontractors and those affected by our activities including members of the public.
- Equality and diversity – we are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated with courtesy, dignity and respect and where everyone feels valued irrespective of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and ensuring that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment.
- Learning and development – we are committed to creating a learning culture and providing opportunities to ensure that our people are equipped with the skills and knowledge to maximise business effectiveness. We will also support our people in realising their potential while contributing to the development of the business and the achievement of its objectives.
- Clients: We strive to satisfy our clients. We work in partnership with our clients to deliver quality projects on time, safely and with due regard to the environment. We will work with and support them in developing sustainable solutions to meet their needs.
- Environment: acknowledging our responsibility to future generations.
- Environmental management: we strive to improve our environmental performance. We take all reasonable steps to manage our operations so as to minimise our environmental impact and promote good environmental practice. We acknowledge our responsibility to the natural environment and strive to minimise any negative impact from our operations.
- Energy and Resources: we will improve efficiency. Climate change is one of the key environmental challenges our business faces and we are committed to regularly reviewing our business practices and performance to identify how we can reduce our requirements for energy, transport and water usage. We will also promote good practice in respect of recycling and waste minimisation. Where possible we will use alternative materials and methods to optimise the use of resources in collaboration with our clients and suppliers.
- Innovation: we innovate to find balanced sustainable solutions. Innovation is essential for the development of our business and for creating vibrant sustainable solutions in the built environment.